- Read the LabVantage user manuals, which can be found under the LabVantage header: https://htrc.uchicago.edu/forms.php
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to LabVantage
- Please provide a list of the IRB protocols for which you are seeking access
- The HTRC requires written permission from the PI of each IRB protocol for which you are seeking access before access can be granted
- Must have an active LabVantage account, as provided by the HTRC
- Have an intranet connection or internet connection with VPN
- Must use one of the following web browsers: Internet Explorer, Chrome, or Safari. No other browsers are tested or supported
- You may login at http://labvantage.bsd.uchicago.edu
The HTRC utilizes a web-based laboratory information management system called LabVantage, which tracks samples throughout their lifespan. Every sample that the HTRC receives is entered into LabVantage, which generates a unique barcode number for each sample. Chain of custody is recorded throughout the sample’s lifespan, from inception to eventual withdrawal. LabVantage organizes data such as patient demographics, diagnosis, organ site, and linked pathology reports.
LabVantage is compliant with all regulations relevant to patient privacy and satisfies all regulations set forth by The College of American Pathologists (CAP). All Biospecimen Bank personnel are trained to maintain confidentiality of patient information according to HIPAA regulations. Access to LabVantage is restricted by IRB number and is password protected.
Prior to tissue or body fluids procurement, the investigator or his/her designee must register the patient and enter documentation of consent into the LabVantage software system.
To obtain access to LabVantage, please complete the following:
Requirements to run LabVantage: